Friday, February 20, 2009

You Can't Draw Water From An Empty Well

I'm a secret lurker of a woman's blog who I have a lot in common with--we both homeschool, are the same age, have several children, and are both bishop's wives. Although I have never emailed or spoken to this woman, she has inspired me on many occasions with her wisdom and insights into life and the gospel. A few days ago she had a posting about motherhood and I just love what she had to say. I had been thinking about some of the very things she talked about just yesterday (including the quote--"If mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!), and after reading her post this morning, I just have to link to it. I have heard this poem "Girl in a Whirl" before and love it because I feel so often that it is exactly what I am expecting myself to do even though reading it makes me realize how silly and impossible it is to even attempt to do all of those things.

I love her reference to Elder Ballard's talk and her great ideas (and also realistic ideas) on how she tries to make time for herself. This is what I think I need to focus on right now. So, my focus for the next week is to figure out how to make time for myself and fill my well, because I think it has been a little empty lately.  This goes with my post yesterday of needing to be filled with the spirit to experience true joy. I'm committing myself to doing things to help myself be filled with the spirit--including getting up earlier and making daily scripture study a priority and attending the temple this week. 

So here's what I've been talking about: chocolateonmycranium 

No comments:

Post a Comment